Friday, October 12, 2012

10 Days To Go

A couple of months ago I gave our label the demos I had produced. Old-style CD-R. It's more convenient to listen to in a Porsche than audio files in Dropbox, Wuala, YouSendit, or e-mail.

Number 10 is our a&r's favorite song. From the moment he played it in his office, he knew we had to record it. It's a classic Marvin song with a touch of folk. Think Norwegian Wood with a chorus.

It's catchy. And I like catchy. A lot.

As usual with this kind of song, the band has had second thoughts. It may not be the hippest song in the world, but who knows? It may not represent a "new style", whatever that is. But isn't it a great little tune?

At the end of the day, I don't mind too much which songs we're going to record. I like them all. And I enjoy going into the studio without knowing the exact outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment